Inspiration

With a hell of a lot of miles ahead of me, and a general dislike for exercise, I obviously need a bit of motivation.

So, naturally, my mind turned to the words of Cicero and Plato on the subject of exercise.
It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigour.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.
Plato
I suspect these two didn't have satellite TV or a local Boots.

My "good condition" involves some kind of drinking establishment with the people I love and a free bar.

So I shall leave you with the words of a more inspiring man, whose thinking is closer to my own:
I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street.
Neil Armstrong
Well... how many Greeks/Italians have walked on the moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment