Anti-social networker - catch up I

Been a busy week so far, so not had many blogging opportunities.

For the millions of you out there who have been wondering how my monster week is going so far, this is where I start to put you out of your misery.

Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot you.

Or take you away to the vet, never to be seen again.

It's just a catch up.

Tuesday was a recovery 6 miler which turned into a bit of an ego run. I went out with nothing – no bottle, no MP3, no keys, no small change, no work pass, none of the little bits I find myself having to carry when I've been on the longer runs lately.

It. Was. Brilliant.

Well, brilliant is a bit strong. But it was definitely the best run I've had so far.

I know it was only 6 miles, but I got into my stride straight away. My form was the best it's even been, and I ran the whole thing really strongly – though way too fast.

Not a little bit fast, but about 40 per cent quicker than my target pace for the whole marathon.

I kept thinking about reining it in but I couldn't.

I was having an epiphany! All these weeks/months of training and there was such a marked improvement it was unreal.

Seems this training malarkey works. Who'd 'a thunk it?

I got in, stretched, showered etc. and then the niggling worrying began.

Had I overdone it? Would the next days12 miler be harder as I'd be aching?

Find out next time, on Phil Runs London...

No comments:

Post a Comment