Donations page

Busy morning today - just updated my bumf on the Just Giving site and added a bit more about why I'm doing this.

It's never been clearer than a last week when Laura had her first attack of the winter.

We're not sure what caused it - we never are - but the weather went from cold and crisp to wet and it's these kinds of changes that she struggles with. Thankfully this time we had some steroids for the nebuliser so we were able to keep her out of hospital, but you still spend the night wide awake listening to any changes in her breathing, with the phone next to you.

Every six hours someone in the UK dies from Asthma.

The idea that a few puffs on an inhaler will sort it out is convenient for people who don't want to think about it, but is sadly wrong.

I know this isn't my usual upbeat posting style, but it's important for me to write it to make sure you, and I, don't forget what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment