Food, glorious food!

Now I've got my training plan sorted, it's struck me that I might need to properly prepare for this marathon thing.

So, through the power of Google (if it's on the interweb it must be true!) I've been looking at what else I need to do.

The main things seem to be:
  • training plan (check)
  • good footwear (check, sort of)
  • diet (que?)
Apparently my diet should be made up of 60% complex carbohydrates (between 370-444g a day for someone of my weight) 20-30% fat, and 10-20% protein.

I don't know what that means!

What does 370g of carbohydrates look like?! It's not just 370g of pasta, as this is about 70% carbs. To get to 370, I'd need to eat about 530g of pasta a day!

Thats more than a bag every day!

Now I enjoy pasta as much as the next guy, but I think I'd get pretty sick of this, pretty quickly!

Also, who knows the proportion of how much meat they eat in a day? I'd suggest it's the same kind of person whose idea of a good night involved a damn good session with the Mr Sheen and repeatedly cleaning their toilet seat.

For the time being, I shall assume that my diet is already perfectly balanced and will somehow muster up the strength to resist the "urge" to get the abacus and scales out every time I have a biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment