Oh bugger...

It turns out that four days out of the country drinking copiously does have some impact on running performance.

Who'd have thought it?!

Last night's six-miler was more arduous than I expected. My time was well down and I struggled a bit when normally it's pretty straightforward.

Also had another run-in with the odd rowing club people, but thankfully I was already on my way back and didn't have to put up with it for long.

I am starting to get a bit worried though.

Less than a month to go, and I'm struggling for six miles! Need to do another 20.2 after that!

Also, I have undeniable evidence that the claims that my six quid a pair socks'
"unique mixture of fibres helps to keep the foot cool, dry and blister free."
is a lie. Got another sodding blister last night. Think I'm gonna have to do some serious work on my feet to get them in a decent condition for getting round this thing.

I'm hoping my performance dip is just down to a bit of weight gain from the weekends activities slowing me down (I too was shocked that a diet comprising solely of beer, meat and bread can do that!). That should soon disappear if I keep going out and will hopefully get me back on track!

Might do another light one tonight - two or three miles - just to try to get back into it a bit, and try to get my head back in the right place for finishing this puppy.

Roll on April 14th...

No comments:

Post a Comment