The calm before the storm

It's been 10 days since I found out I've got my place, and I've only managed to get one poxey 3 miler under my belt.

My leg's still giving me jip, and I can't even comfortable walk on it let alone run. Thankfully it's not a muscular thing, so it should get sorted soon and I can get going.

I've got some cream stuff to stop it hurting (it doesn't, but I've paid £14.20 in prescription charges so I'm using the whole f***ing tube, even when it's healed) and I'm on antibiotics that make me wanna chunder for about an hour after taking them.

Hardly the ideal start for an elite athlete such as myself.

*cough*

In the meantime, I've been doing a lot of planning for my training, working out some non-running exercise things that should help with fitness and injury prevention, and I've even planned some interesting ideas for blogging about as the training progresses.

I know, I am one super-organised Phil!

Just a bit worried I'm gonna turn into one of those people who spends more time on thinking about doing things, than actually doing them.

You know the sort.

Like someone who'll spend more time arranging their pens, than actually writing the report/essay they're supposed to be doing.

Hopefully not, and by acknowledging that it could be an issue should nip it in the bud. I also know from last year that you actually need to get the mileage done, so once the legs feeling better, I should be ready to rock.

I'm hoping to get a couple of runs in this week, but that depends on the leg. If I do, I'd like to get three or four in next week, just to get going, then will get into the training programme I'm still tinkering with.

It'll be a thing of beauty by the time I've finished buggering about with it. Specifically tailored to meet my running needs and designed to get me around as fast as possible.

Yes, you read that right.

I'm gonna try to get around as quick as I can.

As well as trying to find some satisfaction in knowing that once I've finished it, I'll know I've done the best I can, running it as quick as poss means it'll be over quicker!

You see the beauty of it?

Five hours of uncomfortableness is not nice.

So, imagine if it was only four hours? Or three and a half?

I'm not saying I can do it, but by the power of Greyskull, I'm gonna give it a whirl!

In the meantime, I'm gonna chill out.

Maxing.

Relaxin' all cool.

Were there a school around, I way well partake in some b'ball outside of it*.

So, keep checking in, as not only will you get to read about how much I still hate running, but you could actually learn something!

No promises though.

* If you don't understand the reference, ask your slightly older siblings or cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment