Phil runs London for...

I'm proud to announce I'll be running the London Marathon on Sunday 26 April for Hounslow Action for Youth.

That is I'm proud to be running for HAY, not to be actually running - I still don't enjoy that bit.

Given the crunchiness of the economy, I know the idea of sponsoring someone isn't necessarily high on most people's agenda, but if you can even spare a couple of pounds it'd be greatly appreciated.

HAY do a fantastic job working with young people in one of the most deprived areas of the country, and any help I can give them will help them carry on the brilliant job they're doing.

As a sweetener for the deal, not only do you get to know you're forcing me to do something I don't enjoy, but you can also follow my progress in a number of ways:
  • this blog - read about how horrible my latest training run was, and other ramblings
  • twitter - where I tweet how it's going, and you can follow/stalk me
  • facebook - join the group and berate me
  • email updates - Simply enter your email into the box on the right of this blog, verify it's you, then you can get regular updates in your inbox.
  • RSS - for those with readers like Google Reader, My Yahoo, Newsfire etc or use Firefox live bookmarks.
As HAY are only a small organisation, they haven't got a Justgiving page (thought we're working on it) so in the meantime I've set up an old school style sponsor form.

This has the added bonus of not being publicly viewable so you can feel free to sponsor as little, or as much, as you'd like.

If you can't give me your support, your pity will also be appreciated - though I expect mockery will be the most common reaction.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil, this is Louise Kaye, Development Director for HAY.
    Thanks for doing this run, it is amazingly generous. Donations can be made on our website: www.hanworthcentre.org.uk
    It will be obvious that all donations relate to the marathon, as, until now, no one else has used the online donate facility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie never told me that...
    Will get that mentioned!

    ReplyDelete